Monday, August 10, 2009

EAGLE

We had a celebration this past weekend for Travis receiving his EAGLE. Both sets of grandparents came and a few other family members. They all took lots of pictures..so I stole some.
I know--we had been there too long
Both great grandmas, grandma, me and Stinky (yes...we call Colton Stinky)
She is going to miss him!

He is thinking he is pretty cool.

Well-basically we are packing all day and tomorrow. It shouldn't be a long process but I am trying to decide what NOT to take. I was telling Matt that this was a really good thing for me, I could either sit here and complain about all of the things that I won't get to see for 9 months (Material things) , or I can pack IT ALL up and leave it behind and realize there are more important things in life than all my favorite clothes and stuff for my house, my favorite blanket, etc. I AM realizing that I really don't care as much as I thought about all of that stuff. So--I have one suitcase for myself packed and I'm leaving the rest and NoT looking back! O well if I get there and have nothing-- Guess I'll have to go buy new stuff:)

The next time I will be posting we will most likely be in Germany!! Wish us luck on our 24 hour long trip!

7 comments:

Morrows said...

Good luck traveling! It would be hard to decide what to take and what not too!

The Ashment Family said...

Good luck! I hope that Colton is good for y'all while traveling!

The Thompsons said...

colton is the cutest ever! Good luck on your adventure! wow that will be so amazing!

Haley+Salesi said...

Oh so exciting, Well we wish you guys the best of luck! Hope we can see you soon~!!!! If you guys need anything let us know!! We are a short plane ride away!! :)

Cindy said...

wow. i'm impressed at the one suitcase! i'm trying to decide what not to bring on my little 4 day visit to idaho in a couple weeks! good luck. can't wait to see the german posts

Matt & Ali said...

Have fun!!!! This is going to be such an awseome experience!!! take lots of pics and post lots!!!

Just Us said...

I discovered the same thing in all of our moves and stuff in storage. The upside is a) all the great stuff you can get there that we can't here and b) it's like christmas when you get home and go back through your stuff! GOOD LUCK, it will be a great adventure!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones




My Blog List

Followers